Did you see the above picture yesterday or did a friend forward it to you? I got it in my inbox and over IM a few times and it looks like it’s made it’s rounds online:
We better be scared right? A story with the word “Iran” in it, and then the associated picture. If I was more inbred or incapable of basic though, I’d say that the Washington propoganda machine is working on selling an Iran-attack. I can’t help but think that this has happened before… oh right, THAT.
Unfortunately for Washington, but fortunately for man kind, the White House doesn’t seem able to hire very good graphic artists as it was uncovered a few hours later that the photo has quite a few inconsistencies in it, namely:
So what’s the deal? Here’s my take on it:
- McCain has already been chosen to win
- NOTE: For folks that are enraged that I might suggest candidates are chosen well in advance… just consider that when the “right”, most interest-friendly candidate is chose, there are trillions of dollars made by these interests collectively. Profit like that isn’t left up to chance and some crossed fingers.
- Start selling the Iran war now, let Bush and Cheney “get out” so they seem disconnected from the whole thing.
- McCain makes the “decision” to go after Iran when he enters office
- Everyone pats each other on the back for a job well done
- We get another 8 years of McCain, war and the continued explosion of the military-industrial complex
I know, I’m a leftie, freak, idiot, fuck-brains… but let’s wait until November before we decide that officially and I get shirts printed and redact my statement. I also wouldn’t mind all the circumstantial evidence suggesting I’m right.
Update #1: Maclean’s.ca Blog has an update to the story. Apparently the photoshoping was done to cover up failed missle launches in the array and the US’s official response was along the lines of Typical of Iran to act tougher than they are.
With the amount of powerful opposition against Iran, is anyone else curious why they would be puffing-up like this assuming it was true? They may hate America, fine, but they aren’t mentally handicap…
Update #2: Ok to lighten the mood a bit, this found it’s way into my inbox, figured I’d share: