For those of you who have not heard the “New Xbox Experience” is the upcoming dashboard update for the Xbox 360. It is scheduled for release on November 19th and includes a large number of changes including:
- Netflix Streaming
- XNA Community Games
- Xbox Live Marketplace on the Web
- Updated Games Marketplace
- Plus a complete redesign of the Dashboard Layout
For those people interested in getting their hands on the New Xbox Experience early Microsoft announced today they are having a Xbox 360 Fall Flash Preview which will allow a few thousand people to try it early.
Here are the full details from Major Nelson:
Working with various teams across Xbox, we’ve developed a program to allow a select few of you early access to NXE. How do you get chosen? The first step is to head on over to Microsoft Connect, sign in with your Windows LIVE ID and join the “Xbox 360 Fall 2008 Preview Program” by clicking on this link, https://connect.microsoft.com/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=2631&InvitationID=XBOX-G37M-QYWQ&SiteID=719.
Once you do that, you need to fill out the “Xbox 360 Fall Flash Preview Sign Up” survey in order to be considered for receiving the Preview System Update. We’re asking a few questions about where you live, your home network, ISP connection and a few other pieces of information. We are looking for a good cross-section of our members in order to get the best feedback we can.
The LIVE Service team will then review all of the applications and if you’re selected we’ll send you an email notifying you of your acceptance in the program. A couple of points before you head off to register:
· We’re looking for a few thousand participants, so your chances of making it in are good
· This opportunity is open to all Xbox LIVE Members in regions where Xbox LIVE is available
· Just completing the survey does not automatically get you access to the NXE. We’ll be making final selections from from the completed surveys.
· Xbox LIVE Gold and Silver members can sign up. Priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.
If you are accepted, you’ll hear from us in about a week. Make sure your information on Connect is updated so we can email you.