You having a good day today? Things are going along pretty well? Got some extra time on your hands and want to get depressed as hell over the political situation in the United States? Sweet, then read on…
- Scientists agree the US is “doomed” if a pro-creationist president is elected (e.g. Huckabee or any other right-winger that wants the creationist vote)
- A list of about 150 crimes the Bush Administration has committed but never called to task over
- Bush Administration will simply not respond to the Haliburton/KBR rape case (that’s been their M.O. for the last 8 years, just ignore the questions)
- Rudy Giuliani’s entire platform is based on fear-mongering equating electing a democrat to committing suicide
- 2 Ohio election officials were sentences to prison time after found guilty of rigging the 2004 election (Judge felt the conspiracy went higher)
- Justice Dept launches investigation into the illegal destruction of torture tapes by the CIA (NYTimes take on it. $10 says some no-body gets canned or nothing comes of it)
- Huckabee has anti-war peace-protesters arrested (They wanted to know his stance on Iraq if he’s so pro-Christian)
- Bush claims congress isn’t in session unless he says it is, in an attempt to pocket veto the new defense bill without Congress (business as usual?)
- Operation FALCON launches the infrastructure and 3 tests runs to establish the police state (Legal and communication infrastructure along with 3 real-world runs used to test the system).
And to top it all off, a chart from the case studies of all past failed societies and what caused them. This is from the book Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed:
Notice the first and last columns… all realities we have now, and then the 3rd column. So if you add up column 1 and column 5 you get a total of “Fucked”, which compared to the sum from column 3 (2) isn’t that scary.
What do we do?