Damn You, Paranormal Posers!!!

Wait.  What’s a paranormal poser?  I mean, I am FULLY PREPARED to unleash a litany of strongly-worded STRONG WORDS towards anyone bringing tarnish and untoward monkey-business into the most holy of holies – paranormal investigation – but FIRST, I must get to the bottom of this “paranormal poser” situation.

According to a new, timely, and relevant Facebook page bearing the same name, paranormal posers are described succinctly with a simple reading from the book of  Twattrain (3:16):

Those who have shitstains on their fucking faces are either a Paranormal Poser, or a has a serious addiction of eating second hand Taco Bell.

This passage, written by the prophet “Nastrofuckingdamus”, while being grammatically and subjectively offensive, really sheds light on the problems within the paranormal field.  Shit-stained faces.  Shit-staining of the face occurs when you have your head jammed so far up your own ass, you have no choice but to emerge bathed in your own snorkle-muck.  Probably the second most hardhitting passage from this Facebook page comes to us from Paranormal Poser him/herself:

Oh those two asslickers from Ghostology. Yes, it reminds me of the time I was so bored, I ate Taco Bell just so I could shit on my next door neighbor’s porch. Asstards Brian and Anne Marie Byers, fucking sound like a Mattel toy set. With the stretch marks around his mouth, he probably sucked more cock than Linda Lovelace. What a pair of duchebags…

Wait, is Taco Bell sponsoring this?  And if I knew what “duchebag” was, I’d probably agree with this statement.  Those ASSLICKERS.  Licking ass all day long.  LICK LICK LICK.

Now that we have the pleasantries out of the way, let’s get down to brass tacks.  This is what legitimate investigators/enthusiasts have to deal with day in and day out.  Hate is a strong emotion, made even stronger by the knowledge that no matter how much ASS certain folks are willing to LICK, they’re not ever going to be taken seriously or accepted into the fold.  Being so deeply immersed in jealousy creates an atmosphere of ignorant contempt so spectacular that people go out of their way to shit in other folk’s Cheerios like it was their JOB.

Now, I did a little investigating to find out the chain of command on this Facebook page (which, at last count, had a burgeoning  21 members), and through the course of casual conversation, I realize that it is simply a rehashing of the old “Donna LaCroix allegedly lied about having terminal cancer” pablum that is SO five minutes ago.  I am also not surprised to see a member of the Ghost Divas (who pride themselves on flagrant abuse and misuse of ill-gotten privileged information – allegedly, of course) freely posting comments on this page.  Now, I have never met a member of this group, but word gets around like lice in kindergarten that they are – allegedly – insufferable “go for the throat” bitches who have nothing productive to offer paranormal investigation aside from their own bitterly misguided commentary.  Again, allegedly.  So, it really doesn’t take an advanced degree in quantum mechanics to ascertain that – one way or another – all these hate-spewing fuckers are in bed together (in a figurative sense), allegedly.

Here’s where this all becomes a big, juicy red herring:  Donna LaCroix made allegations suggesting that Ghost Hunters fakes evidence.  Well, duh.  re-enacting – faking – tomato – tomahto.  I’ve spoken to people first-hand who have signed NDAs agreeing not to talk about the miles of fishing line that go into the production of any given show (and this is not intended to be disrespectul to the folks that merrily go along doing that show, it’s just relevant to this article).  Nobody is shocked by this, ergo nobody really cares.  UNLESS, part of your gravy train dream is to continue to make guest appearances on a show, and suckle at the teet of an empire built around thinly veiled chicanery.  Now, the sum of these parts adds up to “let’s accuse the legitimate folks of exactly what we are guilty of, thereby throwing people off our scent.”

I have read all of the alleged emails regarding this Donna LaCroix business, and there is not one shred of “evidence” pointing to her having lied about anything.  These fuckers have stretched the truth thinner than a fully-effaced cervix, and continue to belabor these ridiculous talking-points because they have NOTHING ELSE TO DO.  Now, if the worst thing that Donna LaCroix has ever done is tell folks stuff they already know, and if the worst thing that Brian and Anna Marie Byers have ever done is have a fan base, then that’s not too shabby.

I mean, it’s certainly no worse than oral sodomy of a toddler, you know?

Calling a spade “a spade” is what gets me a’paid, a’paid.  Have a go at my  jugular.  I need a good laugh.

Tags: , , , , , ,

About Katie Mullaly

Katie Mullaly is the author (along with Patrick) of the very popular Scare-Izona: A Travel Guide to Arizona's Spookiest Spots and Tucson's Most Haunted. Their third book - Finding Ghosts in Phoenix - will hit the shelves this fall, and two more books are currently in production. As well as writing for the hugely popular "The Buzz Media" website, she can frequently be seen as a featured extra in most of Peter Leon's films. She is her own Easter egg. Basically, she's awesome. She would also like to meet Adam Lambert because he's cool on a cellular level. So, if anyone can hook that up for her, that'd be great.

, , , , , ,

66 Responses to “Damn You, Paranormal Posers!!!”

1. Mikal July 16, 2010 at 2:40 pm #

I can see them all scrambling to reach for the nearest dictionary to look up all those fancy $25 words. “oh shit,” they’ll say, “we’ve pissed off somebody smarter than us.” Quck, respond with more hatred and lies and just make up a bunch of stuff and that’ll make us look smart, too.

Poor, poor, miserable, jealous people. Well, the higher up the ladder you climb, the more miserable, jealous people there are, tying to always bring you down…cause once you’re out of their reach, they’ll have nothing better to do but to sit back and reflect on their own meaningless, pittiful lives.

Let’s pray for them. :-)

2. Jenny Stewart July 16, 2010 at 3:07 pm #

Damn! I went from a media whore to a poser…lol!!! You ROCK Katie!!!

3. Katie July 16, 2010 at 3:16 pm #

No, YOU ROCK, JENNY! :)

4. Mike Roberts July 16, 2010 at 3:33 pm #

And this is why we love Katie!

5. Tinner July 16, 2010 at 11:25 pm #

Your blatent use of common sense was to say the least orgasmic. If I could I would print this piece off.. and put it INTO my pants and wear it there forever close to the closest thing I have to a heart or feelings center.
    OH on a related note… if by definition Paranormal Posers are people who are just above normal posers… then I would like to offer up the creators of the original page as being BY DEFINITION …. PARANORMAL POSERS..

Also .. people in glass houses shouldnt walk around nekkid… because its gross… and we dont want to see it… so before they lay bare their distain for people we love again.. I think perhaps they should put some clothes on because their proverbial tits are touching their knees and I just dont want to see it…

deuces!

• Riyad Kalla July 17, 2010 at 7:45 am #

omg… Tinner if you ever want to do a guest-post please let me know:
      ==============
      ==============

is coffee-snorting word-gold…

6. Ana Berry July 17, 2010 at 5:44 am #

Wow! Silly me I thought a poser was a computer program that makes these plasticky humanoid 3d characters for bad Digital artists who cannot draw the human form.
    Who Knew..
    Plasticky, humanoid, as in quasi human, maybe it is the same thing.
    Loves ya Katie!

7. Ghostology's Brian July 17, 2010 at 6:56 am #

Katie, you know how I see things… IF you support a page or blog that is full of hate, you are equally as guilty. To see pages out there that say ‘you are an idiot’ if you dont like or believe what we believe or ‘you suck’ if you dont join us… sounds a lot like movents where people drank kool-aid and died. Its brainwashing 101 at its best. I’m just thankful that there are a few of us that still think on our own and still fight against hate. Its so much more fun to love. Less than three!

8. Katie July 17, 2010 at 12:04 pm #

Less than three!

Riyad, that’s secret “ghost hunting” language.

9. Sharon July 17, 2010 at 12:42 pm #

Ive been writing and posting about the “crossed arms – facing the unknown ” posers for a long time. It annoys the crap outta me that any turd with some kind of corporate backing ( to get them a BIG Freudian metallic phallic symbol truck full o’ techno-fakes.. ) can have a show..that seriously..doesn t show anything but them POSING, and walking around pretending to hear or see “something”. I especially loathe the boys club who proclaim to be psychic, yet nothing ever shows up! If you want to be successful in your paranormal show, make sure you have an english accent so all the twatlight fans will watch! All you have to do is stick your big British face in the camera and talk talk talk, American girls will swoon.
    But of course, when I originally wrote about this, I was nothing more than a bitch cunt whore, reduced to my genitalia by the crossed arm boys. ( amused that Mel Gibson actually said this same rant of all detumesced penii in his “recordings – ha! ) So, as a BCW who actually does capture real stuff, I say fuck off to all these asshats. Any tard with a camera calls themselves an “investigator” now, so I have stepped it up a few notches. Watch them all follow my lead now and pretend my idea is theirs. Good thing I copyrighted MY scripts and shoots with the US copyright office. And, attended the legal courses re the same. Need I say more? No, it is implied, just like their psychic impressions.

10. Asshat July 17, 2010 at 2:58 pm #

there wasnt one shred of evidence that proved Donna lied about anything? the girl never wore wigs and went through chemo as she’s posting she wants to take ballroom dancing lessons and travel for events and appearances. Ive talked to some close to her, fans and friends and noone ever indicated she was terminally ill with cancer. Not once.

11. Katie July 17, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

Asshat,

That still does not prove that she didn’t have, or fear she would be diagnosed with cancer. Not everyone loses their hair with chemo, and even if she did, they make very good wigs that pass as real hair.

Generally speaking, a cancer patient of any degree is encouraged to live a life as close to normal as possible to avoid spiraling into depression. Based on those emails alone, there is nothing in them that proves anything. Not only that, she is under no obligation to disclose any details regarding her personal health in any direction, and that particular incident has no relevance on paranormal investigating. It’s simply putting words into someone’s mouth to then use those words against them.

Thank you for posting!

• Dan Bell July 17, 2010 at 11:00 pm #

Hi Katie,
      This is Dan Bell. I spoke with Donna several times five months ago when she sent us those e-mails. She would call me and tell me how sick she was and how tired she was of going to the doctors over and over again. Previous to this, my 25 year old sister went through cancer treatments, lost all of her hair and was so sick for 12 months she could barely stand. These were 12 months that I sat next to her keeping a positive spin on things all the while watching myself fall apart from the stress of not knowing what was going to happen to her from day to day. When Donna told me she was dying, I felt horrible for her. She told me she only had, “..a few months left…” and was thankful that we had made peace so she wouldn’t go feeling she had wronged anyone. Can you imagine my complete surprise when I found out that she had lied to me about being ill? She lied to me because she didn’t want me to talk about some contradictory e-mails she wrote, (e-mails which I will be publishing next week on my website) which I had received when she was attempting to get her interview video removed from YouTube. Can you even imagine for one moment what that felt like? Oh wait, it gets better. To cover her despicable behavior, she goes online and starts making me out to be the liar and the monster. It’s easy to paint me as someone who would make fun of an illness which is absolutely ridiculous. I lived through hell with illness. It was all around me. I don’t think for a minute that it’s fucking funny. In the same week, she runs around like she always does to anyone who will take her in and starts doing radio interviews with people who should have the common sense not to piss on my knee, especially the ones who are raising children. Great. Everything in Donna’s world is just peachy again. Thank god.

Now let’s think rationally. If I had cancer and someone went around telling everyone that I was lying about it, it would take one phone call to my physician’s assistant to write a letter stating that I was in fact ill. I would post it online and go about my day making my accuser out to be a real asshole. But no. No letters, no nothing. Just a bunch of baloney, legal threats and two dozen enablers who didn’t see crazy, just stars. This is what someone with a brain who was being accused of probably one of the most heinous things you could do to another person would do. They certainly wouldn’t “go underground” and spend all day deleting people off their Facebook page trying to shield themselves from anyone who dare bring up the subject. Absolute nonsense.

Brian from Ghostology says that this “drama” has to do with the denial of other peoples beliefs. Excuse me for being frank, but if Brian had half a brain and wasn’t such a insecure idiot, he’d see why this situation has nothing to do with anyone’s belief system. This situation has to do with respecting others and doing the right thing. I have seen nothing but complete disregard from all of these people. Donna LaCroix didn’t give Mike Roberts the time of day until her cancer concoction arose to her tiny fan base. He ran to her and offered his hand when everyone else turned their backs. He was online looking for magical remedies and cures for terminal colon cancer and stating that it was possible for someone to come out of Donna’s “terminal” status in just a few months time. I suggest Mr. Roberts talk to his physician next time he goes in for a check-up. I certainly did and his response was just as I expected. What Ms. LaCroix medical claims are IMPOSSIBLE. I will say it again…IMPOSSIBLE. That’s from my doctor at Johns Hopkins hospital.

So Brian and Anna Marie had Donna on the same week and what did they do? Brian had the nerve to say, “Who really cares!” in regards to everything that was happening. They went on to do an embarrassing interview filled with sexual innuendos and horrible jokes that amounted to nothing of any merit whatsoever. What more could be expected though coming from a guy who boasts going to, “..one of the most prestigious art colleges in the country..” Mary, please! How insecure can one get? He went to SCAD which is pretty good if you live in the south but isn’t a brag worthy college by any means. I have interns who went to Parsons, NYU, Johns Hopkins and GWU. None of them have ever uttered such a ridiculous statement. This is why his interview with Donna went nowhere. This is why I blew a gasket. I have never heard such an embarrassing 90 minutes in my life. The elephant was right there in the room with them and they completely ignored it. Great job, you two. Keep drinking the vino and giggling like two school girls every show. It’s really groundbreaking.

So here you are writing in defense of this sad woman, obviously upset by the antics of others who are just fed-up with being misled, lied to and shit on. Trust me, if it were the other side of the coin and you were the mark, you wouldn’t be so smug in your article. When people learn to respect me and don’t appear like ass-kissing groupies every time someone from television shows up wanting some attention, you’ll get my respect in return. It’s absurd that you would even waste your time trying to involve yourself in a situation you have absolutely nothing to do with. Any neutral party would see what is going on from a mile away. But not you or your friends. No. All you can hear is what the literal queen of manipulation says. If she tells you, it must be true. A week ago, Donna posted that her mother was crying over my videos and all the “attacks” against her on Facebook. Why don’t you ask Donna where her mother is and why it would be impossible for her to access a computer let alone cry over something as trivial as her adult daughter’s Facebook drama. Trust me when I say, her mother has bigger fish to fry. One way or the other Donna, all this lying is going to catch-up to you one day and when it does I hope you’re prepared because it’s really going to be tough. I’d pick up the refills asap.

You’ve all greatly disappointed me.

Regards,
      Dan Bell

12. Katie July 18, 2010 at 12:31 am #

Dan,

First, in all sincerity, I am very sorry to hear of your sister’s illness. Having lost my own mother to cancer, I do know how very painful that situation is, firsthand. (You didn’t mention your sister’s prognosis, so I am not going to presume anything regarding that outcome, only that I do hope it is for the better.)

I appreciate that you have responded to this post in a very respectful manner. Many would simply drop a series of “f” bombs (and, let’s be honest, I am the first one to let those fly). I can see how this would feel like a deep and personal affront.

I used this example in a previous post, and again in this one, simply to illustrate the larger issue of glory-seeking investigators doing nothing but bringing hate-filled mockery to something that most investigators – myself included – feel should hold at least a modicum of reverence, given the subject matter. There are a lot of people that want to be famous, and it’s easy to do in this field because you don’t need any sort of specialized degree. My frustrations run deeper than this post, much in the same way yours do. It’s hard for me to watch people that, IMHO, couldn’t identify their asses if they had both hands in their back pockets, make bank off of something I have been passionate about since I was a small child, and to see it being done with such aggressive disrespect. I direct my writing into books, and I do hope those books are something that someone would like to buy and read. Certainly written work is much more tangible than a fleeting TV show, again, IMHO. The people I defend in this post ARE my friends, and I will continue to defend them tooth and nail if I feel they are being treated disrespectfully without just cause.

This was not intended as a personal affront towards you, and I feel that you have been quite forthright in explaining your perspective – something you certainly had no obligation to do, and, as someone who calls it as I see it, I fully and completely appreciate and respect that.

You are right, I do not know all sides of the story in completeness, although when I heard your radio show discussing her nipples, I was offended by that and felt that lent credence to my frustration, because it really didn’t address the heart of the issue, it only insulted the people involved.

I am certain that this will not be my last post on the issue of glory-seeking within the paranormal community, However, out of respect I shall refrain from citing this situation in future posts.

Quite frankly, I was and am very moved by this post as it reminds me of the saying, “be nicer than you might want to be to everyone, because everyone is going through SOMETHING.”

I certainly meant no disrespect to you, or to make it appear as though I was making light of your sister’s illness.

As far as your assessment of my “smugness” if I were “the mark,” trust me, my words are sharper than a Ginsu, and I always use them to my advantage. The flip side of that is sometimes I have to take a step back, realize another perspective, and say, “You know, although this may be my battle, THIS is not MY fight.”

My posts, although rather attention-getting, are designed for open dialogue to anyone willing to partake, and the fact that you felt strongly enough to take time to speak your side of it both emotionally and succinctly gets my attention. You are clearly very passionate and well-spoken.

Thank you for posting!

~Katie

13. Mike Roberts July 18, 2010 at 1:16 am #

Actually, I will agree. That is pretty stand up-ish of Dan Bell.

Let’s set the record straight. First of all, I never went running to Donna. I have known and been friends with Donna for nearly 4 years. It wasn’t like this came out of the blue.

I have ways of getting myself tangled in drama by defending my friends. Ask Reap Sow. Ask Bob Hunnicutt. I came in to defend a friend and attacked those guys, yet afterwards when they knew what it was really about, we put things aside and have become really good friends.

So Dan, just know that it isn’t my lack of “balls” or anything else that has kept me from contacting you, it was the fact that your statements and responses were attacks to me without even knowing me.

Just as you say “we don’t know the whole cancer story”, you didn’t know the whole story about my relationships with people in the field PRIOR to all of this. I am not new to this field, I have been in it for 12 years. And yes, like it or not, I toured VERY SUCCESSFULLY as a hip hop artist for 13 years. I have also been working in film for the last 5. I have had opportunities handed to me, and much of the time, I get involved in things just to help others out. Such as this agency I started. Say what you want to about it, but I didn’t do it to make a DIME. Ask anyone who has come to me, I have not charged them ANYTHING. Not a single fee. It was more about using the networking I have done over the last 12 years to help benefits others in their own success.

Regardless of all of this, I give you kudos for coming here, being honest and laying it out on the line.

14. Grace Alexis July 18, 2010 at 2:22 am #

This quote from paragraph 5 on katie’s STORY says it all..
    “Now that we have the pleasantries out of the way, let’s get down to brass tacks. This is what legitimate investigators/enthusiasts have to deal with day in and day out. ”

now to answer Katie’s question “If you disagree with me, please post the specific passages from those emails that you feel prove definitively that she HAD or DID NOT have cancer.”

The emails, in addition to Donna’s claims and actions since she wrote them; prove she is a manipulative fraud.

here are some lovely quotes from the emails that Donna LaCroix wrote that should cause anyone pause.

from email on Jan 21st.

“and i definitely appreciate you keeping my condition private”
    “i just learned of my diagnosis a week before that interview”
    “it’s hard from being nauceous (spelled nauseous) even from the anti naucea meds (spelled anti nausea) “

We all know her alleged Crohn’s Disease was not private at the time of that email, considering it was the PUBLIC reason she left the show. Which also means she had to have been “diagnosed a week before that interview” with something else, and Anti nausea meds are most commonly used for patients going through chemo.

From Email dated jan 21st at 12:39 p.m.

“I was diagnosed with colon cancer” lol
    “i am now wearing some really cool wigs though” lol

Since this email was exposed she has not once said publicly that she had or has colon cancer..she has only claimed to have crohn’s disease…miraculously if she did have colon cancer (if you noticed in the emails there is a clear implication that she is dying and doesn’t have long left) she has been cured and ALL of her LONG hair has grown back..that is not a wig lol…and the wigs that look real cost 6k-10k http://www.hairlineillusions.com/shop.html – lol (you’ll see why the cost of a realistic looking wig is important in the next paragraph)

From the email on Jan 21st sent at 1:32 p.m.

“I am trying to forgive people now and make amends before i forget and go down hill”
    “I’m losing my home due to the cost of treatment, my insurance dropped me, and i want to go with some dignity.”

It’s clear she is implying that she is dying…and if she was losing her home due to the cost of treatment, and has no insurance…then there’s no way in hell she could afford an exceptionally expensive “thin skin” “cranial” or “matrix wig” …those are the only wigs that come close to looking real…and since i am a “tranny freak” I know about wigs. lol
    Let’s not forget just two weeks ago she claimed she NEVER lost her house, that infact, she just put it up for sale and posted a link to the real estate site where’s it’s listed.

At some point common sense and reason have to prevail, if you add up all of Donna’s claims and comments NONE of them ring true.

15. Katie July 18, 2010 at 3:12 am #

Hello, Grace Alexis,

First, let me just correct your perception of my first quote:

“I have yet to meet or hear of a “legitimate ghost investigator” lol..i have yet to find an accredited university with a physical location that offers ghost hunting degrees…so the assertion that there are legitimate, professional ghost hunters is absurd…if someone is charging you money to rid your home of ghosts, read your palm, or exorcise your being of homosexual demons..then that person is a FRAUD! there are no ifs ands or buts about it.”

I consider myself to be VERY legitimate, thank you very much. In my definition, legitimate equates to acting professionally, being task-oriented, and placing your full focus on an investigation. At no point did I state I carried any degree or certification in “ghost hunting.” That was ALL you. Also, let’s make it clear that I am an AUTHOR, and when I investigate it is for CONTENT for said books. The rest of that crap is just you trying to be funny.

Now, the emails:

While I submit to you that I find nothing that would stand as PROOF of a willful lie, I must also submit that I have agreed not to cite this particular situation out of respect for Dan Bell and his post. You’ll see that I agreed to that in the following comment. I have also stated that although I will continue to fight the good fight against chicanery and charlatans, THIS is not my fight. I’ve already washed my hands of it.

Clearly, though, I’ve ruffled some feathers, and I do think the intensity of the backlash is interesting. No party in that situation is walking away with completely clean hands, and what, honestly, is to be gained by pushing the issue? “IF” she truly, willfully lied about having cancer – and that is IF – what is to be gained by belaboring it? Wouldn’t it be more gratifying to just hit the “delete” button on that relationship and move on? Why isn’t anyone focusing on the “TAPS fakes evidence” part? Why is ONE alleged LIE worse than a TV show driven by alleged lies?

THAT is the REAL question.

16. Grace Alexis July 18, 2010 at 4:22 am #

and the ones that pertain to the said subject are…
    1. in accordance with established rules, principles, or standards.

“acting professionally” and being a professional are two completely different things.

But everyone is free to come up with their own definitions, especially to help legitimize their claims.

As far as TAPS is concerned..Donna was part of their evidence faking…it is not reasonable or logical to come to any other conclusion..so thanks for reminding me that Donna LaCroix has a lengthy documented history of participating in fraud. Let’s not forget…she didn’t quit taps on principle..she quit because of her “crohn’s”….and then MUCH later made claims of evidence being faked…after making this claim she then began to back peddle. (her inconsistent statements and back and fourth claims lead me to believe she is bipolar, but i am not a legitimate psychologist lol)

If you want to focus on TAPS, then you have to remember Donna LaCroix MUST also be a part of that focus.

• Ana Berry July 18, 2010 at 6:24 am #

…And here we go again…Look Ghostology, the show, has never claimed to be anything but entertainment…If Donna Lied to Dan…and it may seem she did…she did it to avoid him starting to treat her badly…if they ,Brian and AM, chose not to ask about the issue…that is their choice! Sometimes in entertainment you choose to ignore issues because you have already been asked not to bring them up,and as an entertainer if you want to get interviews you must be allowed contact with people.

…I like Dan Bell, I watch him on You Tube, I feel he does a pretty good job of exposing frauds and stirring the proverbial cauldron.The only thing I disagree with is,when he uses one topic of conversation and ties it to something unrelated, in an attempt to hurt someone’s feelings.For example the quip about having interns that came from better universities….etc.What does that have to do with Donna?

People TV is for “Entertainment” you maybe should start putting a disclaimer (like the ones on cigarettes) maybe it should state “Please do not take anything you are about to see seriously”.

I understand that certain shows purport to report the truth(FOX News)(CNN) However anyone that has sat through one hour of American News can go ahead and turn to another country’s news program and see that the news report of the same event has many different spins…If you only speak English, please do yourself a favor expand your language experience and see what else is out there.Does this mean that I think American news cannot be taken seriously? No I mean to tell you that you must take what you see as a possibility not some universal truth.

If I want to laugh I will listen to Ghostology…
      If I am in a cantankerous mood I watch Dan, or the Divas.
      If I want to listen to Ghost stories..I go to A&E and watch A Haunting.If I want to know about haunted locations in Kentucky I go to KAPS
      If I want a Witch’s Perspective I listen to Marla Brooks
      ETC……ETC…..
      The possibilities are endless when it comes to entertainment…Stop arguing and Entertain me!!! Damn it I Order you to entertain me!

Note I am not being ugly or nasty….I could but I don’t.That is because you catch peoples hearts and ears by communicating not attacking them.Robin Williams Said you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, but if you want a lot of flies you use a dead Squirrel.I don’t want any flies…..they are nasty and disease ridden…Live your life without flies speak your truth!

17. Ghostology's Brian July 18, 2010 at 6:49 am #

Wow… Just got through reading everyones posts and responses.

My business partner died 4 years ago from cancer. Nobody had any idea he had cancer. The last time I saw him we were at the book fair in D.C. selling our ideas to a new publisher and his leg was hurting him pretty badly. 12 weeks later he was gone. I am still recovering on many levels from this. My aunt passed away 3 years ago from lung cancer, and a very dear friend from Ghostology has cervical cancer (we just found out 2 weeks ago). This is not a good thing. It never is.

Dan, I have no idea who you are, and I apologize that I don’t, but I’m looking so I can understand why you hate me and my wife so much. I see in google there are a lot of Dan Bells out there. If you don’t mind, just so I can understand more about you, let me in on where I can find you so I can get a better understanding of this picture.

I do want to let you know publicly that my heart goes out to you having to go through those weeks with your sister. I had to listen to my partner Ken over the phone through slurred speech try and tell me how to run the business. I still cry thinking about him. I am selfish and I miss him so much sometimes. But I wanted you to know how I feel about you and your situation with Cancer.

The attacks I don’t get, but then again, I don’t get a lot about how people enjoy hurting each other. It’s just not my way I guess. I’m not going to defend myself to you. I don’t need to. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you sharing a piece of your life with us. I have lost more close friends to AIDS than I have cancer, but both are not easy to watch. But yet, we sit there with them fighting back the fear and the pain while letting them know we love them and are there next to them.

I guess I just wanted to say, for me, it helps to hear more about you so I can understand your actions.

- Sincerely,

- Brian

18. Katie July 18, 2010 at 10:28 am #

“Key words “in my definition” ….fortunately there are LEGITIMATE definitions of “legitimate”…

and the ones that pertain to the said subject are…
    1. in accordance with established rules, principles, or standards.
    2. in accordance with the laws of reasoning; logically inferable; logical: a legitimate conclusion.”

Right. Exactly. I think acting in a professional manner, being task-oriented, and focusing on the investigation pretty much sum it up under the “established principles” arena. Since you have never investigated with my team, you have nothing else to say on the matter. Nice try to discredit me, though, Alexis Grace.

Buh-RAVO!!! (Please read that statement a la Fairuza Balk in The Craft)

Not having had much interaction with anyone involved in the situation, I’m willing to consider all possibilities, but the emails don’t prove anything. They only prove that some people will piecemeal the written words of another into what they want it to say. Can I prove otherwise? No. Do I think it’s dispicable to make up such a ridiculous lie as to say one is dying from some terminal illness? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY. However, the point is that this is just one example. People all over the paranormal community are writing, speaking, and even simply inferring lies about each other because they are so angry about investigation practices, being left out of television appearances, not getting a book deal, etc. For example, starting a Facebook page called Paranormal Posers and spewing hate-filled lies.

Why? If you are so full of information and correction, Alexis Grace, tell me why people keep doing that? Make sure your answer is completely irrefutable, or I will tear it down into individual phonemes and masticate it until there is nothing left. I mean, isn’t that what we’re supposed to do? You certainly flew RIGHT ON OVER to dictionary.com over my definition of LEGITIMATE. Let’s stop beating this particular dead horse, and start admitting that, on some level, we have all said something shitty about another group or book or show. It sucks, doesn’t it? It sucks when people say some shit about you. It sucks when people willfully screw you. It sucks when people steal your work and publish it as their own…it ALL sucks.

Now, it is clear that you (and by “you” I mean everyone tangentally involved with this Donna situation) have an axe to grind. We get it. But, again, what is to be gained here? Public flogging? Execution? The knowledge that sometimes people lie? Well, let he who is without THAT sin cast the first motherfucking stone. Brian, Anna Marie, and Mike have no dog in this fight, so what point is there in the constant barrage of nastiness? And I simply chose this as something to write about, because it is a PERFECT example.

I’ve already prepared my next post. I stayed up pretty late last night with it. I’m actually interested to see what other kinds of meaningful comments come from this one before I post it, but I will.

Again, thanks for commenting!

19. Denver Robbins July 18, 2010 at 10:35 am #

We feel so hurt and belittled over the poser page on facebook. Many of the accusations leveled against my friends, we too are guilty of. It reminds me of elementary school, why am I always the last to be chosen for the cool kids team?! By the way, I’m partial to 333 as I am only half evil. Let me know if you need a photo.

20. Grace Alexis July 18, 2010 at 12:09 pm #

1. ” think acting in a professional manner, being task-oriented, and focusing on the investigation pretty much sum it up under the “established principles” arena. “…..

eh….i am not aware of ANY ESTABLISHED principles in the “field of ghost hunting” lol…just typing the words “field of ghost hunting” makes me “lolz”….you’ve made your own principles up lol.

But if you know of an accredited organization or are aware of an established set of “principles” understood by all LEGITIMATE ghost hunters please inform me..and the principles you claim have nothing to do with set (established) standards one must follow in a particular field to call themselves “legitimate”…your self professed work ethic doesn’t count.

2. “I’m willing to consider all possibilities, but the emails don’t prove anything. They only prove that some people will piecemeal the written words of another into what they want it to say.”

Actually emails do prove something, Emails are often if not commonly used as evidence in courts, In fact those emails contain more proof of Donna being a fraud..than ANY evidence IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND that ghosts exists lol.. your decision to doubt obvious visible evidence and believe in mystical unseen beings is on you..which in any rational person’s eyes should discredit you as a “legitimate ghost and goblin hunter”.

3. “Why? If you are so full of information and correction, Alexis Grace, tell me why people keep doing that? Make sure your answer is completely irrefutable, or I will tear it down into individual phonemes and masticate it until there is nothing left.”

Um Kate..your threat of FONT mastication caused me pause lol,… i can’t speak for others ..i can only speak for me…and my involvement is by accident due to my friendship with Dan Bell…i read the emails written by donna and was disgusted, so i made a comment that has progressed into a personal war with donna lacroix (whom i had never heard of before this)….at this point it’s just pure entertainment to me which i can waste a small amount of time on while watching my sunday morning shows or when i have a few minutes to waste for amusement…you aren’t the only self proclaimed “feather ruffler”

4. “Now, it is clear that you (and by “you” I mean everyone tangentally involved with this Donna situation) have an axe to grind. We get it. But, again, what is to be gained here? Public flogging? Execution? The knowledge that sometimes people lie? Well, let he who is without THAT sin cast the first motherfucking stone. Brian, Anna Marie, and Mike have no dog in this fight, so what point is there in the constant barrage of nastiness?”

I didn’t initially have an axe to grind..but a good public flogging or execution is always fun….*picks up a stone to cast*…biblical references only matter to people who believe in that book of fairy tales …so i have zero guilt when casting any stones..as for the reasons of others , again i can’t speak for them…but i have a feeling their anger is based on ..
    A. they are decent human beings who don’t enjoy being emotional manipulated.
    B. they are decent human beings who have sincere faith in the belief of the paranormal, and feel betrayed when a PROMINENT representative of this belief is such an obvious fraud.

You OBVIOUSLY have followed this controversy with a certain degree of interest, so i would think you should ask yourself why this particular controversy stood out to you. (it had to be more than just an example to prove a bigger point, especially since your final point was to make clear as to who’s side you were on, almost like you were taking the lead as donna’s reputation guard)

as far as mike roberts is concerned..he is her official representative so he is involved by default..i believe ( i could be wrong) that he willing participated in this. When you take on a client, you take on all of the crap that comes with them.

In closing…”So, yeah, I guess it’s pretty clear who’s side I’m on, and since my words are bigger and smarter, I am perfectly comfortable laying this monster bare for your consideration.”…..

If i were Donna…you are not the person i would want on my side…because at this point you’ve done a very poor job defending her.

(fyi..alexis grace was the failed american idol singer with the pink streak)

21. Denver Robbins July 18, 2010 at 12:35 pm #

Sorry to hear about your singing career. Wait… It just occurred to me that you may not actually be the singer. Chicken shit.

22. Grace Alexis July 18, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

um…denver are you dyslexic also? lol my name is GRACE ALEXIS…i was making sure that kate realized that.

23. Denver Robbins July 18, 2010 at 1:45 pm #

Just a bittle lit. Sorry for calling you a chicken shit – if you’re being truthful about your name.

24. Linda July 18, 2010 at 3:42 pm #

Having just read all through this article and following posts, I must say this article seems to have brought out some very intense feelings on the part of most of those involved. I usually get a good laugh from perusing Katie’s writings but I find todays read to be unsettling.

I am neither an investigator nor a writer, but I have made some observations from these exchanges. Namely, Grace Alexis, that your objective is to be as belittleing as possible.

As a casual reader without any personal stake in this issue, I find that YOUR arguments against anyone in the field of investigation having LEGITIMACY to be unfounded. Katie is a WRITER. Her writing is about her experiences checking out the claims of various places that are purported to be haunted. Last I checked, you don’t have to have a degree to do that. She is a published author of three books which makes her COMPLETELY legitimate in her chosen field.

Also, what’s with the mass amounts of lol? Are you trying to take the sting out of your words or are you trying to imply that everyone is so rediculous that it’s laughable? I find your statements that you feel zero guilt in “picking up stones” because it’s a biblical statement quite contradictory to your assertion that you’re offended by an alleged lie and the “emotional manipultaion” of “decent people” since “Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbor” (in other words, Lying) is ALSO a biblical statement.

25. Ana Berry July 18, 2010 at 4:48 pm #

Wow

26. Mikal July 18, 2010 at 7:15 pm #

Touché, Linda!

27. Katie July 18, 2010 at 8:10 pm #

First of all, I beg your pardon, Grace Alexis. I most certainly transposed your name. That is MY BAD.

Now, lemme get my racquet so I can THWOK that ball back into your court.

***

As far as “established principles” are concerned, they really don’t need to be limited to “ghost-hunting.” Using work-ethic logic when performing an investigation legitimizes the process in comparison to those that simply run amok in locations, acting the fool. As far as the legitimacy of my investigation methods, I follow the protocols established by renowned parapsychologist Gertrude Schmeidler using sensory replication, although there are a host of institutions – The Rhine Research Center, IONS, The Windbridge Institute – that have very impressive resumes regarding survival of consciousness research and scientific protocols.

***

***

So, take her to court if you want to prove she’s a fraud. I’m not a lawyer. I’m also not trying to prove the existence of ghosts. To quote Linda, “She is a published author of three books which makes her COMPLETELY legitimate in her chosen field.” Like it or lump it, dude – 2 LEGIT 2 QUIT. Hey, hey.

***

***

Did you like that? I thought that was pretty funny, too. Did you intentionally misspell my name, because I like the way you say that…”Kate.” Now, the comment you are referring to that “progressed into a personal war,” was that something on THIS post, or are you referring to a comment made elsewhere – just out of curiosity? I can tell you are a feather-ruffler, and I can also tell you get a great deal of enjoyment out of it. Mad props, tranny freak. LOL.

***

A. they are decent human beings who don’t enjoy being emotional manipulated.

***

Linda made an interesting point when she indicated the odd dichotomy between the fact that you are fine with casting stones, but not with lying. What difference does it make if you don’t believe in the “book of fairy tales?” By what moral compass are you calibrated that allows you to live in a glass house, free from any retribution, while casting aspersions upon people wholly uninvolved in the situation? Since I don’t know the truth behind the lie (to turn a phrase), let’s just say for the hell of it that Donna DID lie. She told a big, fat lie that was wrong, hurtful, and made Dan Bell feel like the asshole of assholes for having been duped into undeserved compassion and taking advantage of a particular Achilles tendon, which would be irretrievably fucked up. Why bring Brian, Anna Marie, or Mike into it?

What have THEY done that has pissed so many people off? Was it because Brian and Anna Marie had her on as a guest and didn’t interrogate her, or is it because Mike Roberts is now representing her? If she lied, she should be held accountable, but the burden of that does not fall on the shoulders of show hosts or talent reps.

***

***

I’ve been following this since Shannon Sylvia allegedly “outed” Donna LaCroix, because it’s a stunning example of backstabbing. One “good friend” driving a stake into the other’s heart. I’ve long been against that sort of practice because it is absolutely reprehensible. As it turns out, it has morphed into an entirely different manner of subterfuge.

When I stated that it was clear who’s side I was on, it is of that of The Byers and Mike Roberts. I do not know, nor have I spoken to Donna LaCroix, although I freely invite her to comment, and in the spirit of fairness, I am posting from the perspective laid out in Dan Bell’s response. He makes valid points that need to be introduced to the discussion.

***

He also represents ME, although that does not mean that I condone a behavior that is untoward such as lying. Ergo, I do not believe that means HE condones it, either. The ultimate point I was making was that – prior to this post and, although snarky, the compelling series of comments it brought forth – the Paranormal Posers Facebook page was simply a mean, hateful, misguided and misdirected outlet for obvious frustration towards people that appear to be guilty by association. THAT is the crux of my ire.

***

Again, I am not defending her. I am defending friends that I know have no involvement yet seem to be shouldering the burden of punishment. She can defend herself. I actually think that’s kind of a compliment :)

****

(fyi..alexis grace was the failed american idol singer with the pink streak) Again, my bad…my hubby has a niece named Alexis, and his family’s last name is Grace. True story. My brain read “Alexis Grace” that last time around.

Anyway, keep the comments coming, if you’re so inclined. I never tire of verbal ping pong.

Thanks!

~Katie

28. Grace Alexis July 18, 2010 at 10:36 pm #

First to Linda…

1. “your objective is to be as belittleing as possible.”…….

is it that obvious? lolz

2. “I find that YOUR arguments against anyone in the field of investigation having LEGITIMACY to be unfounded. Katie is a WRITER. Her writing is about her experiences checking out the claims of various places that are purported to be haunted. Last I checked, you don’t have to have a degree to do that. She is a published author of three books which makes her COMPLETELY legitimate in her chosen field.”

Linda, i guess you and i will have to agree to disagree on the legitimacy of this “field”.
    In my world..if one claims to be a legitimate plumber they need to be certified and licensed ..in my world in one calls themselves a legitimate private investigator they also
    must have some form of official certification and a license…the only “profession” that i believe to be exempt from this pertains to the arts. In my profession, we also have to deal with a slew of people who set up shop and play “public relations”..with out zero education in; PR, communications, and or marketing, and zero accreditation…it’s a battle that those of us who go through the lengthy and difficult process of academic accreditation fight openly…since there are zero established standards one can be held accountable to in the “field of paranormal investigation”…then in my world we would not consider that to be “legitimate”…if you want to call it a hobby, interest, or obsession…fine go right ahead…

3. “Also, what’s with the mass amounts of lol? “…

In this format i type to you as if i am speaking to you and when i type “lolz” or “lol” or “lmao” it’s because at that point i am actually “LOLing” lol…see it’s a habit that i can’t break. Completely by accident over the years i have come to learn it really pisses people off, that only encourages more “LOLZ” in my world lol.

4. “I find your statements that you feel zero guilt in “picking up stones” because it’s a biblical statement quite contradictory to your assertion that you’re offended by an alleged lie and the “emotional manipultaion” of “decent people” since “Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbor” (in other words, Lying) is ALSO a biblical statement.”

um i’ve never used a bible reference to back any point i make, so how can that be contradictory? Are you saying only those who believe in the bible have the right to be offended by fraud and manipulation?…you see it’s not a “lie” that angered me, it’s this specific lie and the way it was used to perpetuate fraud…by manipulating dan, and those other handful of people; she was actually manipulating EVERYONE who supported her, and everyone who has a sincere belief in the pararnormal…she knew that by targeting those specific people with this fraud that it would prevent other blatant inconsistencies from being discussed in the media that would have damaged her reputation. (it’s always the cover up that fucks you)

5. “And I also don’t think that people who spend time hoping to be entertained by “public floggings” to be in the relm of decent people. Your language proves you to be quite intelligent, it’s too bad your intelligence leads you believe you are superior to those who have a different point of view.”

If you read what i said more closely, i didn’t refer to myself as “decent” lolz, how dare you i would NEVER do such a thing! lol……..and my intelligence doesn’t lead me to believe i am superior to those who have a different point of view…it just leads me to believe i am superior in general. lolz. (maybe now you will be able to read my postings with the good amount of sarcasm that they infused with)

now to Kate (since you love the way i say Kate)…

1. ” I follow the protocols established by renowned parapsychologist Gertrude Schmeidler using sensory replication, although there are a host of institutions – The Rhine Research Center, IONS, The Windbridge Institute – that have very impressive resumes regarding survival of consciousness research and scientific protocols.”

Great i am thrilled to know that you have set your own standards …I think it would be wise to establish an organization or a process that ALL paranormal investigators who practice in this “field” as a profession must follow….for example, if I believed that my home was haunted by the ghost of Paul Lynde , and i rushed to computer or the phone book to find a ghost hunter to rid my home of the limp wristed, lisping sodomite covered in a sheet lolz…i would hope there would be some sort of national association of something or another, that would indicate this person is legitimate.

2. “So, take her to court if you want to prove she’s a fraud. I’m not a lawyer.”

actually Donna claimed she was suing all those associated with dan’s video and the ghost divas ..and then she later added poor little innocent old moi to that list…i am half jew , so you know i love court rooms…i suggested that donna take us on Judge JEWdy. lolz… (fyi it’s been two months and no subpoenas have been issued)….. at this point if anyone actually gives any credibility to Donna laCroix…they should stop hunting ghosts and start hunting leprechauns. lolz they are more likely to find a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.

3.”Did you like that? I thought that was pretty funny, too. Did you intentionally misspell my name, because I like the way you say that…”Kate.” Now, the comment you are referring to that “progressed into a personal war,” was that something on THIS post, or are you referring to a comment made elsewhere – just out of curiosity?”

Yes, hilarious…. Yes, of course…, and i was referring to a comment on her facebook fan page.

4. “By what moral compass are you calibrated that allows you to live in a glass house, free from any retribution, while casting aspersions upon people wholly uninvolved in the situation?”

i am only responding to a portion of the full question posed, considering i feel i answered the vast majority of that question when addressing linda…..The moral compass calibrated for me is my birthright lolz…it’s called ..The Divine Rights of Queenz…The Queenz of Media that is…relaunching this fall..stay tuned. lolz…actually i fully expect retribution for any stones i have unjustly cast..at this point no one has been able to throw a stone back..maybe a pebble or two lolz…and i have not cast aspersions on anyone who is not wholly involved in this…Mike Roberts is wholly involved in this, if one wants to play publicist then one had better be prepared to be a publicist. I’ll provide an unsolicited professional critique, Mikie should have NEVER allowed donna to participate in the back and fourth over this controversy, if she participated against his advice he should have fired her as a client…also…considering he is creating , hosting, and promoting EVENTS that feature her as the Headliner..and he is charging people money, he is directly profiting from someone and promoting someone who is a con artist. I will leave the “guilt by association” up to others for judgement.

5.”i’ve been following this since Shannon Sylvia allegedly “outed” Donna LaCroix, because it’s a stunning example of backstabbing. One “good friend” driving a stake into the other’s heart. I’ve long been against that sort of practice because it is absolutely reprehensible. As it turns out, it has morphed into an entirely different manner of subterfuge.”

From my understanding..shannon sylvia didn’t “out donna lacroix”…shannon sylvia was asked a question in private about donna’s cancer..shannon , ( i believe) responded with “Donna doesn’t have cancer”…to me that’s not “outing” that’s responding honestly, it’s my understanding that Shannon believed the person asking this question to be mistaken..she had ZERO intention of outing anyone…but shannon can speak for herself……now let me just say..if i had a friend who was going around telling people she was dying of cancer to prevent damaging stories from going public…I would be the FIRST person to issue a press release to any media outlet that would read it in an effort to not only out them but to destroy them…ESPECIALLY if i am professionally associated with them and my professional reputation is linked to theirs….IF shannon did out her..then good for her!

6. “When I stated that it was clear who’s side I was on, it is of that of The Byers and Mike Roberts.”

well it obviously wasn’t that clear since i and others interpreted it as meaning you were on donna’s side…i think that in retrospect you understand that now..and i am glad you were able to clear that up…i would never want to be assumed to be Donna LaCroix’s defender either lolz.

7. “He also represents ME”

I am actually going to restrain myself from commenting on this one. lolz

The other names mentioned. i have no clue who they are, which is why I have never mentioned them…and the reason i so willingly and gleefully include Mikie in my fontal attack…is because he not only represents a con artist but a biggot..you see donna lacroix labled me a “tranny freak” and went on an incoherent tangent about how because of my gender status,” i needed to have demons exorcised” , that because of my gender status “i have more issues than a magazine” , that because of my gender status “there is something clearly deep seeded and wrong with me and that i need her prayers”, that because of my gender status…”I am a freak”….Mikie was clearly aware of donna’s overt bigotry and ignorance..and did not step in and disassociate himself from her or those statements….my gender status is a result of genetic coding and neurological wiring…my “freakiness” and myriad of other character flaws has nothing to do with my gender lol.

(i am posting this with out reading my post first so forgive all typos)

29. Katie July 19, 2010 at 12:11 am #

Okay, you had me at Paul Lynde, although I think Hollywood Squares probably still has right of first refusal.

I think if we weren’t deeply locked in a pissing contest, we would get along fabulously. We should try that some time.

At this point, I am sorry I picked that example. Too many unknowns, too many variables. The gyst remains the same. Name-calling JUST BECAUSE is shitty and unnecessary. Clearly these are deep, still, angry waters regarding Donna LaCroix, and I’m just gonna back away slowly, although – as I stated – this will NOT be my last post on the general topic.

I’m a little sad, though. Since you referred to yourself as a “tranny freak,” I really wanted to be able to use the phrase, “Tranny, get your gun.”

C’est la Vie.

30. Katie July 19, 2010 at 12:20 am #

PS – For the record, I can’t stand behind attacks on gender or sexual orientation. That is really not relevant for the post, and I certainly wasn’t privy to that conversation, it’s just something that I aggressively don’t support and I do not tolerate. I’m just sayin’, is all.

31. Grace Alexis July 19, 2010 at 12:53 am #

Thank you Katie, and i agree.
    And Maybe we can get Adam on our show, so you can at the very least call in and gush. lolz

32. Mike Roberts July 19, 2010 at 8:09 am #

OH boy. So here we go again.

1. I was not made aware of the comments Donna had made until it was too late. I did call her and speak with her about it to find out what in the world she was thinking. I told her how stupid and damaging it was, and she said she knew that right after she made the comments.

2. When I went and read the entire verbal bashing, it came from BOTH parties. You (Grace), had come to a page dedicated to her with the full intention of trying to get her upset with a response. It was obvious you were picking a fight, and you pushed her to the limits to lash out. She should NOT HAVE said what she said. Donna doesn’t have ANYTHING against gay/lesbian/bi/transexual people. She just got to a point where the bickering back and forth and full blown attack that you launched made her vomit words to try and lash back out. IT WAS WRONG FOR HER TO SAY. You even admitted that you “got exactly what you wanted”, which was to provoke her to the point of saying something that you could use against her.

3. I love how people refer to these events as a “con or scam”. The people who attend these events WILLINGLY come out and pay money to see the people they watch on TV. The same as any band, celebrity meet and greet, etc. It’s a chance for FANS to connect with people they watch on TV on a PERSONAL level. There is no con. There is no scam. People don’t pay for one thing and get tricked into it being something else. No claims are made that you are going to FIND SOMETHING.It’s people who WANT to be there. There WAS a major con artist in this field, Brent Fair, who put on events, took everyone’s money and RAN. NO event. No one got refunded. Not THAT is a scam.

I am only responding to this stuff because it seems that you apparently have a misunderstanding of this situation, and somehow think that attacking me is going to change ANY of that. See, like some others, you attack me without knowing a THING about me. So don’t pretend that you know what I am thinking, don’t pretend like you know I worked as an advertising and marketing director for a national company for 10 years before going out on my own, and don’t pretend like you know the whole story to everything when you don’t.

Your reasons for wanting to continue to stir the pot are your own. I have done all of the talking on this subject that I will do. Donna will be releasing a public apology for the gender slur that was provoked out of her, but still said nevertheless.

As far as my clients go, we all have mutual respect for each other, so to condemn Katie or anyone else because they are signed with me is just ridiculous. Katie is a fabulous writer, and I believe in her talents and if I want to help her spread what she does to the masses, then that’s exactly what I am going to do.

PS. The last time I checked, I didn’t charge ANYONE, for ANYTHING. I have not made a dime off of the services, time, energy, or simply the NAME of any of my clients. I didn’t charge fees, retainers, website, graphic work, etc. I do it all on my OWN dime. When I do get them something that pays for their time, I am a VERY VERY small percent of the fee they are paid to talk about the stuff they do that people are interested in. VERY SMALL AMOUNT.

33. Grace Alexis July 19, 2010 at 9:20 am #

Mikie…to your point 1 and point 2. I don’t buy it….she didn’t realize she made a mistake as soon as she said them..considering her innuendos had gone on for days in regards to my gender status..as exhibited by her using quotes with my name..”Grace”…oh and let’s not forget her calling me “Greg”….i knew exactly what she was doing and as i readily admitted…all i did was push the right buttons to get her to go from veiling her bigotry to showing her true colors.
    I also said “forgive me for being an effective provocative debater” lolz….the other reason i don’t buy it, is because she went into detail to justify her comments, which only made it worse for her when she said “she felt sorry for me because she now knew my hormones were out of whack and that i needed to go to denver ,co to get fixed”…it’s OBVIOUS she had been preparing for days to unleash her gender slurs, especially when she made an effort to thank her “computer savvy investigators”. My Tactics were no different with donna than they were here, actually i think i may have been far more brash here…yet to me it’s obvious that the tactics donna took are tactics that would never cross Katie’s mind. (you are lucky to have a client like katie)

to your point 3. I never once said your events were a con or a scam…i said that your client..Donna Lacroix is a con artist.

Um..Mikie…i love how you phrased this…”Donna will be releasing a public apology for the gender slur that was provoked out of her,”

it wasn’t just ONE SLUR..it was a litany of slurs and prolonged justification of her latent bigotry
    If it didn’t exist with in her, there is no way i would have been able to “provoke” it out of her… That’s like saying “SHE MADE ME BEAT HER”….”she debated with me to the point that i was forced to blow her brains out…i was provoked mr. officer” lol…..

Mikie, if you feel comfortable representing someone like her..more power to you. Just don’t bitch when you get thrown into the gutter with her.

Toodles Mikie.

34. Ana Berry July 19, 2010 at 10:10 am #

Your bickering back and forth was amusing at first, it is quite obvious that you all have a deep rooted hatred for each other and I will not be a part of this I think that the people who started the Posers facebook page are just as bad as the ones that started the This turd…Tonya, one so as of now you are in Time out for ever.I flagged the Tonya page and I flagged the Turd one as well.
    Notify me of new comments? Uncheck!

35. Katie July 19, 2010 at 11:17 am #

Okay, wow.

This post has gone in a direction that is unrelated to the initial topic, and I am going to address the generality of it without being privy to the comments.

The issue of what falls under the general category of “gay bashing” (Grace, are you comfortable with that term? I am not very well-versed in what the EXACT word or phrase should be) is extremely volatile and totally unrelated to the paranormal.

To minimize the impact of comments made, even flippantly, regarding a person’s gender, sexual orientation, manner of dressing, speaking, etc, is akin to passively supporting abuse and I must agree that some manner of accountability is both appropriate and urgent. It appears that the above dialogue agrees with itself as far as those comments actually having been made. This is WAY bigger than, “ghost-hunting is stupid.”

I believe Mike when he says there will be an apology, and I wholeheartedly support that.

Grace, I have very much enjoyed talking with you, and I do hope you keep the comment trains moving!

36. Grace Alexis July 19, 2010 at 12:31 pm #

Katie….I enjoyed it also…i think you know that though lol….i know i am very brash…and i realized that you didn’t know what kind of a time bomb you had in your hands with the subject of donna…facebook me! lolz

If you love adam lambert you will love my personal Gay named Charlie Demos!

and Katie..i really am not a stickler about terminology …we can have that discussion separately lol.

37. Gennifer July 19, 2010 at 12:35 pm #

Let’s not forget here who the real culprit is. Donna LaCroix. Her endless bashing of her former cast member in public. She lied about being terminally ill with cancer and tried to throw her friend under the bus because the friend wouldn’t carry the lie on. Donna’s relentless coverups, “I’m cured of cancer today! Had a colonoscopy today and now i’m 100% cancer free” a day after the Movie Dan Bell show. Please. The email from her to John saying in one paragraph that only three people knew she was dying of cancer, Shanon being one of them. Then in the last paragraph is states she never told Shanon because she didn’t want to worry her.

Please.

Then you have Mike, Ghostology and all farkles who never even met her believing her crap and hating on everyone else. Donna turns on everyone at one point or another. She turned on her own TAPS team, threw them under the bus and now her GHI member(s). I sit back and wait for the day you’re all just like the others, discarded and torn apart. It’s a matter of hours, days, months.

While everyone’s on this roll to call people out, just remember who the real liars in the field are and the real manipulators.

38. Katie July 19, 2010 at 12:40 pm #

Gennifer,

I don’t think anyone is forgetting any side to this situation, and trust me – I don’t get “torn apart,” I do the tearing. I do defend my friends, and – if I do say so – I think this post has opened people up to air their grievances, rather than sit and allow them to fester. Those that have felt inclined to speak on the topic have done so, and I freely extend that invitation to Donna, as well.

What I want to see is a paranormal community built on mutual respect, not hate-fueled misinformation.

39. Katie July 19, 2010 at 12:41 pm #

Grace Alexis!!

I cannot find you on Facebook. You must Facebook ME. DO IT NOW!!!! :)

40. Ghostology's Brian July 19, 2010 at 12:42 pm #

Dear Gennifer,

The name calling is childish, disrespectful, and uncalled for, in my honest opinion.

Sincerely,

- Brian

41. Katie July 19, 2010 at 12:56 pm #

Gennifer,

I think a point that needs to be clarified, also, is that making a conscious decision NOT to discuss something is not a statement of belief, an admission of guilt by association, or intended as an affront to anyone who’s been on the receiving end of whatever happened.

I’m still not getting the connection between why Brian, Anna Marie, and Mike are being torn to shreds because they chose not to address it on a show, or because they have agreed to rep someone who may have done something shady.

Even convicted felons can get jobs.

Again, if she feels it incumbent upon her to do so, Donna will comment for herself. No one else has an obligation to defend or chastise her. At this point, it is truly between her and Dan.

I agree with Brian. The name-calling needs to stop. It’s total bullshit. It’s nothing more than grasping at straws when you have nothing else contructive to say.

“You’re stupid.”

“No, YOU’RE stupid.”

Seriously? It is absurd. If you (and by “you,” I mean everyone) think she lied, then say, “I think Donna lied,” instead of saying, “If you guys believe her, then you are all a bunch of cockbag loser posers.”

Now, I pulled that quote out of thin air to paraphrase, but it’s not unlike others on that site.

OMG, suddenly I feel like Mulder…The Truth Is Out There…

42. Gennifer July 19, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

I agree, name calling is ridiculous and I would never resort to name calling myself. It’s grade school. I do feel however that Donna, Brian, Ana and Mike all have a common denominator and if anyone does not like them, simply ignore them. They do go away.

43. Katie July 19, 2010 at 1:54 pm #

What is this common denominator?

44. Anna Marie July 19, 2010 at 2:19 pm #

Gennifer posted: Then you have Mike, Ghostology and all farkles who never even met her believing her crap and hating on everyone else.

*******

I’ve deliberately stayed out of this as I’ve had no real need to jump in. Yet this statement, and others like it (or at least insinuated) begs the question, “When the hell did Brian or I ever say that we believed Donna?”

We’ve never stated publicly or privately that we believed her, Shannon, The Divas, Reap, or anyone else embroiled in this mess. Why? Because it doesn’t concern us. She was a guest on our show. We had heard some talk of this and that, but didn’t give it too much attention because frankly, there is ALWAYS talk of some sort going on. Half the crap out there isn’t true and half of the other half is so far stretched you could spin it and knit it into a sweater. I think I’m being more than generous when I say that 25% of what is being said IS true, if the shit said about us is any indication. I’d say a good 99% of it is simply made up out of thin air.

So this whole, name-calling, he said/she said bullshit is just that: Bullshit. And I left the farm years and years ago.

45. Katie July 19, 2010 at 3:40 pm #

Thank you, Anna Marie!

Perhaps we can take all of those tightly-spun yarns and make everyone a hair shirt to wear when they realize they have done nothing but antagonize and bully.

I am still wondering what the “common denominator” might be. Please enlighten me. I love reducing fractions.

46. Gennifer July 19, 2010 at 4:04 pm #

Common denominator is a bully named Mike who trashes people behind their backs and claims he’s all justice and unity and sick of people’s b.s. and turns people on each other.

47. Mike Roberts July 19, 2010 at 4:45 pm #

Show me where I trash ANYONE behind their back. I haven’t bullied a SINGLE person. I don’t talk behind people’s back because you know what? I won’t say ANYTHING that I am afraid to say to someone’s face. Call me old fashioned.

I’m not justice. And I certainly am not unity, seeing how there is no answer to unity with people because of people like you, who speak without knowing.

Who have I turned on each other? You seem to claim you know so much about me, when ANYONE that has dealt with me will tell you that I am the FIRST one to jump in the mix to try to solve a problem. When that doesn’t work, then I ignore people. They get mad about me ignoring them, then SO BE IT.

You have thrown your accusations. Now throw your proof.

48. Katie July 19, 2010 at 10:33 pm #

He makes a valid point, Gennifer. You’ve accused, now support that accusation or retract it.

Vagueries = antagonism

49. Gennifer July 20, 2010 at 6:21 am #

Have Donna prove she is dying of cancer and i’ll post my proof that people have been sending around

50. Katie July 20, 2010 at 7:18 am #

Gennifer,

I don’t even know Donna, so I’m hardly in a position to prove anything. She’s absolutely free to post her own proof if she’s so inclined. You are leveling accusations against Mike Roberts being a “bully” and “trashing people” in a public forum, so the request to back that statement with proof is not unreasonable. We have already heard from Dan Bell regarding the situation between he and Donna and, as you know, this is no longer a topic I’m willing to discuss as that is what I promised him.

Nice attempt at deflecting, though. Volleying the “proof” statement back at me appears to be your way of saying that you have no such “proof,” ergo you are simply stirring the great big, bubbling pot of shit. Please don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining.

The fact that part of the statement includes “…that people have been sending around” makes it appear that it has really nothing at all to do with you, either, and you are simply jumping in the fray because you don’t like him.

So, once again, an accusation of “bullying” requires proof – at least in MY BLOG – so shit or get off the pot, sister.

Thanks for commenting!

51. Ana Berry July 20, 2010 at 7:55 am #

For some reason this darn Blog keeps telling me when this topic is updated…I wish I could turn this off…

I work in a High School and you guy sound like a bunch of kids arguing.The big problem here is that you keep spewing this hateful stuff….look if YOU personally have an issue with someone….YOU ,not your friends or your mom, contact THEM, and hash it out.

But don’t attack them online with pages that defame and hurt…or even worse don’t go and make a big show production bashing them.That is very…um what’s the word…cowardly?Isn’t this what cowards do? Or is it a case where you are trying to gain the approval of someone? Is it Attention?Do you want to be a famous edgy reporter?Is that it?If it is let me tell you when reporters start reporting on crap and people’s laundry their credibility suffers…They get an audience but it is an audience that will leave you the minute you stop exposing your undergarments…..

I would never as a teacher use the kind of language I have seen on this tete a tete..Shame on all of you…

52. Grace Alexis July 20, 2010 at 8:04 am #

did that make you feel better Ana? lolz…my personal motto is…”maturity is highly overrated”.

• Ana Berry July 20, 2010 at 8:34 am #

No, not really. I am really trying to keep these updates away from my inbox but unchecking the darn “notify me of new comments” is not working at all! BTW when I was in High school my motto was “To shock and Annoy” …..I am too tired to shock I just want my motto to be …”oh quit dragging your knuckles and evolve!”

53. John Dillinger July 20, 2010 at 4:48 pm #

Who really gives a flying fuck about all of this shit? It’s the same little handfull all the time. Listen up everyone…there are those that are just trying to get their name out there and be famous. It’s just that simple. Everyone needs to stop trying to over play the whole damn thing. Many investigators feel that this is an easy way to gain notoriety. But guess what…it’s just a very small (tiny infact) handfull that are even aware of this and those that are can’t help you get famous. I’ve said it a million times, even the biggest names in the paranormal TV world are only heard of by 1 in 865,000 people, and those are hard facts. So everyone needs to stop trying to get famous or a TV show because it just aint happening! Realize it. That’s why you see 500 events every weekend. Most para-investigators don’t care about trying to answer real questions about the paranormal, they just want to try to make a buck and get their name out there in the hopes that things snowball into a “real career” BUT as I said, realize, it aint gonna happen and move on!

54. Katie July 21, 2010 at 3:47 pm #

JOHN DILLINGER? Holy SHIT!!! I thought you died like 60 years ago? Chicago? Lady in a red dress? Am I thinking of someone else?

Anyway, there is definitely a great big paranormal drama daisy chain in place, and it’s causing a lot of static in the field. It’s appropriate to address it, since – right now – it’s just everyone blaming everyone else every time they get a fart caught crossways.

PS – I think writing about paranormal investigations and drama makes a fine “real career.”

55. Dave Francis August 7, 2010 at 12:48 pm #

There is no field when it comes to researching the paranormal. It’s now officially a circus, and if you work real heard you can get yourself a slot in the third ring! Right next to Jason and Grant, The Boothe Brothers, Zac Bagans, and all the others out there selling their magic koolaid!

Now, if somebody really enjoys researching paranormal claims and really doesn’t care if they want to make money at it, they can say they have an expensive hobby. It will become a field of study once it can be taken seriously, and television is doing absolutely nothing to assist the real researchers in achieving that.

56. Katie Mullaly August 7, 2010 at 1:13 pm #

Hi Dave,

I think it’s a little uncanny that you would make THAT post today. I wrote up my next post last night and it is quite similar to what you’ve written…only much snarkier, of course!

57. Katie Mullaly August 7, 2010 at 1:13 pm #

I’ll be posting it later today.

58. Tom Thumb April 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

So sick and tired of haunted locations popping up seemingly overnight. There is a location such as that in middletown ohio that has no deaths associated with it or the property but all of a sudden is one of the hottest locations for paranormal activity out there. After doing a little digging I have learned that the so called owner isn’t even the owner but more like the property manager. Its the old Poasttown Elementary School. There is a so called paranormal team (Crossover Paranormal) doing “ghost hunts” for money. They are charging $20 per person to go through the place. The “owner” and one of the members of the paranormal team both have criminal records as long as your arm. And go figure its for fraud lol. The sad part is that well known paranormal people are falling for this line of bull. I am a journalist so I know how to dig up information for a story. And I can say the crap these idiots are dishing out to people making this place sound haunted is just that, a load of CRAP. There is not one stitch of validity to any of the stories they are telling. From what I have learned it is all lies to make the place sound haunted in order to get people to fork over thier hard earned cash to “ghost hunt”… It is a definate scam. And not to mention the teams I have talked to that have been to this place. One team even told me that they watched a woman and two kids leave the building, but when they asked the owner and one of the guys from Crossover about kids in the building, they were told no there were never any kids in the building. Needless to say they had to throw out all of their audio due to contamination. Another group saif they caught the owner on one of their cameras sneaking around the building in the dark and slamming doors and making noises then sneaking down the steps to make it look like no one was there. they packed up their gear and left early. Another guy told me that he was sitting up on the stage in the dark when he watched the owner and one of the tour guys walk in to the gym over by the back entrance and the one turned on his phone and was playing a ringtone or something that sounded much like that of a child saying “mommy”, then they hurried back out of the gym as people from his team were coming out into the gym in excitement of capturing and “EVP”, he let them know what it was when they left that night.
    The place is a joke and its places like that, that make the real haunted locations look bad.

59. ressmatt January 30, 2013 at 12:15 am #

Titillating, read!

60. ParaSkeptic March 12, 2013 at 7:33 pm #

Personally, after having negative experiences with both the Ghostology people and the Divas, it is not surprise that the time has finally come to expose their tongue-wagging, egotistical posing for what it is – a waste of time for all. Where the Ghostology people are perpetually seeking the fame and riches route and crushing anyone in their path to get there, the Divas (now old news finally!) are just foul tempered and bitter bitches. Neither have contributed to the Paranormal scene except for more discord and hate, and neither have given a wealth of discoveries or earth-shaking revelations, only name-calling and sour animosity. Each does it their own way.

The Ghostology people try to go about it the PC route and still remain the ‘better person’ in the end, using an ill-trained method of tact and sincerity to the point of patronizing. Clearly this is fake and defines them as posers.

The Divas liked to pick apart, stalk and troll their targets until they push them to act in response. They act as though pure attitude alone will win out the matter but we know that is empty without intelligence and facts, both of which they lack. Many times I have listened and read their biting mean comments about others, and been a victim myself, and I find it un-professional (of which they are without doubt) and tiresome. Tammy’s ego and self-inflated importance is out of control, and Tonya has turned into a hag, forever single and wondering why. Both are posers. What miraculous things have they given us? None.

People like these are the reason why the Paranormal is never going to be taken seriously in science. The stupid TV shows aside, and scandals, it comes down to the people within it who perpetuate their media sloppily as though they are rabid animals with something to prove. Both groups have (or had) internet radio shows because they could not get a real broadcaster to take them on simply because of their poor demeanor. No one should take them seriously, no one. They are not entertainment, unless you consider trolling and roasting people in a hateful manner, and they definitely are not scientists. They are just dysfunctional people that cannot project a professional image or one of scientific integrity and feel they have to go their own amateur route to obtain fame.

Hey Ghostology/Divas (and the rest), how about you make some scientific-break throughs in the field of Paranormal research? You would get fame instantly that way, and riches too. Not running around dark places with flashlights and goofy meters, or analyzing hours of scratchy EVPs or reminding people how ‘haunted’ places are, but actual scientific revelations. There is the reward of a million dollars to anyone who can offer up such evidence once and for all – do it.

I know that the Divas are now retired even though they did have a ParaCon recently and with a large turn-out, but sadly this is the same catering to superstition and the gullible that religions offer already. There is no scientific presentation with Peer Tested evidence or trials by strict methodology, only an unsaid agreement that something ‘might’ be supernatural or not. People wasted good money to be lied to for an afternoon in Enid with Tammy and Tonya trying to pretend they are people of note, when in fact they are (as you nicely stated) posers. Using a play on words, they are a ParaCon Women, conning people into believing their ‘evidence’ and words as final. Remember, they both have made many enemies in the paranormal world in their time and over stupid things, petty ones, while trying hard to convince others their actions were justified and words true.

I have tired of the scene long ago and still find no surprise in the antics of the charlatans that try to profit on it and gain leverage. Until they can present a ghost for research, or the netherworld for us to step into they are worthless scabs on the notion of researching the supernatural. In fact, they could not even define the word or show its meaning if confronted, only intangible words with empty hands. Disgraceful.

61. Katie May 14, 2013 at 3:53 pm #

Hey, guys! If you want more of this paranormal smackdown, have a look at the newest book by me (Katie Mullaly) and Patrick Ohlde. It’s like an uppercut to the jaw of the entire paranormal community. Enjoy!

Also available on Kindle!!